Commercial litigation generally involves two or more parties in a dispute over money or other property. We handle disputes involving a number of issues:
- Breaches and non-performance of contracts
- Misrepresentations and fraud in business transactions
- Breaches of fiduciary duties by persons in positions of trust, including corporate officers and directors, agents, trustees and partners
- Promissory notes, guarantee agreements and mortgages
- A third party’s hindering or preventing performance of an agreement
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements by former business owners and employees
We are at ease with emergency injunction proceedings, often necessary at the outset of a dispute, and have experience at all levels of court to adeptly navigate the entire business litigation process. We can also facilitate alternative forms of dispute resolution, like mediation and arbitration, when it makes good sense to do so.
We’ll study your case carefully, narrowing our focus to the most pertinent issues, and making optimal use of the legal resources you need. We’ll help you make informed decisions that best balance your concerns about the risks and costs of litigation with your need to achieve positive results.